Learn English Through Story 妈妈的牺牲零基础含音频(LearnEnglishThrough)
看完这个故事,我哭了。如果您没有准备好纸巾,慎重阅读!!!
借此机会,向我的妈妈表示最崇高的敬意,向她说一声:妈妈我爱您!
英语部分有音频,需要的朋友请点击上面的音频
My mom only had one eye.
我的妈妈只有一个眼睛。
I hated her…
我恨她……
She was such an embarrassment.
她真让人难堪。
embarrassment
n. 窘迫,难堪;使人为难的人或事物;拮据
看下面这个图更好理解embarrassment
embarrassment
My mom ran a small shop at a flea market.
我妈妈在跳蚤市场开了(经营)一家小店。
flea market
跳蚤市场
下面这个图可以帮助您理解flea market
flea market
She collected little weeds and such to sell…
她收集一些杂草之类的东西来卖。
Anything for the money we needed she was such an embarrassment.
为了我们需要的钱, 她可以拉下脸面什么都卖。
There was this one day during elementary school.
在我上小学的时候的某一天。
elementary
adj. 简单的,基本的;基础的,初级的;小学的;单一元素的,非化合物的
I remember that it was field day, and my mom came.
我记得那天正好是开运动会,我妈妈却来了。
field day
体育比赛日;野外实习日, 运动会;野外演习日
下面这个图可以帮助您记忆 field day
field day
I was so embarrassed.
我很尴尬。
How could she do this to me?
她怎么能这样对我?
I threw her a hateful look and ran out.
我狠狠地瞪了她一眼就跑了出去。
The next day at school…
第二天在学校……
“Your mom only has one eye!” and they taunted me.
他们嘲笑我说:“你妈妈只有一只眼睛?”。
taunt
v. 奚落,逗弄 n. 嘲弄(话),讥讽(话) adj. 很高的
看图记忆 taunt
taunt
I wished that my mom would just disappear from this world, so I said to my mom, Mom, why don’t you have the other eye?
我真希望妈妈能从这个世界上消失,所以我对妈妈说:妈妈,为什么你没有另一只眼睛呢?
You’re only going to make me a laughingstock.
你只会让我成为笑柄。
看图能更好的记住laughingstock
Laughingstock
Why don’t you just die?
你为什么不去死呢?
My mom did not respond.
我妈妈没有任何回复。
记得看图学习respond
respond
I guess I felt a little bad, but at the same time, it felt good to think that I had said what I’d wanted to say all this time.
我猜想我有点难过,但与此同时,想到我说出了一直以来我想说的话,我感觉很好。
Maybe it was because my mom hadn’t punished me, but I didn’t think that I had hurt her feelings very badly.
也许是因为妈妈没有惩罚我,但我不认为我伤害了她的感情。
记得看图学习punish
That night… I woke up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.
那天晚上...我醒来了,准备去厨房倒一杯水。
My mom was crying there, so quietly, as if she was afraid that she might wake me.
我妈吗好像害怕吵醒我,就在那里偷偷的哭。
I took a look at her and then turned away.
我看了她一眼,然后转身走开了。
Because of the thing I had said to her earlier, there was something pinching at me in the corner of my heart.
因为我之前对她说的那些话,我的心有一种刺痛感。
Even so, I hated my mother who was crying out of her one eye.
即便如此,我还是恨我的母亲,虽然她只能用一只眼睛哭。
So I told myself that I would grow up and become successful because I hated my one-eyed mom and our desperate poverty.
所以我告诉自己我会长大成人,成为成功的人,因为我讨厌我独眼的妈妈和我们极度的贫困生活。
poverty
贫困,贫穷
看图学习poverty
Then I studied really hard.
然后我努力学习。
I left my mother and came to Seoul and studied, and got accepted in the Seoul University with all the confidence I had.
我充满自信并且真的考上了汉城大学,就借机离开了我母亲,前往汉城(首尔)学习。
Then, I got married.
然后我结婚了。
I bought a house of my own.
我靠自己买了一栋房子。
Then I had kids, too.
然后我也有了孩子。
Now I’m living happily as a successful man.
现在成为了一个成功人士,并且过着幸福的生活。
I like it here because it’s a place that doesn’t remind me of my mom.
我喜欢这里,因为它不会让我想起我妈妈。
This happiness was getting bigger and bigger when someone unexpected came to see me:
这种幸福感越来越大,突然有一个不速之客来找我:
“What? Who’s this?” It was my mother…
“什么? 这是谁?”这是我的母亲。
Still with her one eye.
她依然只有一只眼睛。
It felt as if the whole sky was falling apart on me.
我感觉整个天都要崩塌了。
My little girl ran away, scared of my mom’s eyes.
我的小女儿害怕妈妈的眼睛跑开了。
And I asked her, “Who are you? I don’t know you!” as if I tried to make that real.
我问她:“你是谁?我不认识你!"我好想让它变成现实(不认识她)。
I screamed at her “How dare you to come to my house and scare my daughter!
我对她大叫:“你怎么敢到我家来吓唬我女儿!
看图学习scream
scream
Get out of here now!”
马上离开这里!
And to this, my mother quietly answered, “oh, I’m so sorry.
对此,母亲平静地回答道:“噢,我很抱歉。”
I may have gotten the wrong address,” and she disappeared.
我可能弄错了地址,然后她就离开了。
Thank goodness… she doesn’t recognize me.
谢天谢地...她没认出我。
recognize
v. 认识,辨别出;承认,意识到;(正式或在法律上)认可,承认;赞赏,公认;表扬,表彰;(会议或辩论主席)邀请……发言;(计算机等)自动识别(声音、印刷字体等)
I was quite relieved.
我松了一口气。
I told myself that I wasn’t going to care or think about this for the rest of my life.
我告诉自己,在我的余生里,我不会再在意这件事,也不会去想这件事。
Then a wave of relief came upon me…
然后我如释重负……
One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house.
有一天,我收到了一封关于同学聚会的信。
看图学习school reunion
I lied to my wife saying that I was going on a business trip.
我骗我妻子说我要去出差。
After the reunion, I went down to the old shack, that I used to call a house…just out of curiosity there, I found my mother had fallen on the cold ground.
同学会结束后,我走到那间我曾经叫它房子的旧棚屋,只是出于好奇,我发现母亲倒在冰冷的地上。
shack
n. 简陋的小屋,棚屋
v. <非正式>同居(shack up)
看图学习shack
shack
But I did not shed a single tear.
但我没有流下一滴眼泪。
She had a piece of paper in her hand…. it was a letter to me.
她手里拿着一张纸....这是一封写给我的信。
She wrote:
她写到:
My son, I think my life has been long enough now.
儿子,我想我的生命已经够长了。(这个时候这个单眼妈妈已经很老了)
And… I won’t visit Seoul anymore…
而且我不会再去首尔(汉城)了。
But would it be too much to ask if I wanted you to come to visit me once in a while?
但是如果我希望你偶尔来看我,我这样的请求会不会太过分呢?(这个表达非常地道,强烈推荐!)
I miss you so much.
我好想你。
And I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion.
当我听说你要来参加同学会时我很高兴。(这里的the 特指前面说过的school reunion)
But I decided not to go to school….
但我决定不去学校了。
For you…
对于你...
I’m sorry that I only have one eye, and I was an embarrassment to you.
我很抱歉我只有一只眼睛,我让你很难堪。
You see, when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye.
你知道吗,你很小的时候出了车祸,失去了一只眼睛。
As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with only one eye…
作为一个母亲,我无法忍受看着你在只有一只眼睛的情况下长大...
看图学习stand
So I gave you mine…
所以我把我的眼睛给了你...
I was so proud of my son that was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.
我为我的儿子感到骄傲,因为他用我的那只眼睛替我看到了一个全新的世界。
I was never upset at you for anything you did.
你做的任何事我都不会生气。
The couple of times that you were angry with me.
有几次你生我的气。
I thought to myself, ‘it’s because he loves me.’
我对自己说,“这是因为他爱我。”
I miss the times when you were still young around me.
我怀念你年轻时在我身边的时光。
I miss you so much. I love you. You mean the world to me.
我好想你。我爱你。你是我的全部。
My World Shattered.
我的世界破碎了。
记得看图记忆shatter
I hated the person who only lived for me.
我恨那个只为我而活的人。
I cried for My Mother, I didn’t know of any way that will make up for my worst deeds…
我为我的母亲哭泣,我不知道有什么方法可以弥补我的过错……
Moral:寓意:Never Ever hate anyone for their disabilities.
永远不要因为别人的残疾而恨他们。
看图学习disability
Never disrespect your parents, don’t ignore and under estimate their sacrifices.
永远不要不尊重你的父母,不要忽视和低估他们的牺牲。
They give us life, they raise us better than they had been, they give and keep trying to give better than they ever had.
他们给了我们生命,他们把我们培养(养育)得更好,他们给予并不断努力给予我们更好的东西。
They never wish unwell for their kids even in their wildest dreams.
即使在他们最疯狂的梦想中,他们也从不希望自己的孩子生病。
unwell
adj. 不舒服的;生病的
看图学习unwell
They always try showing right path and being motivator.
他们总是试图成为激励者,并且给我们指出正确的道路。
Parents give up all for kids, forgive all mistakes made by kids.
父母为孩子放弃一切,原谅孩子所犯的一切错误。
There is no way to repay what they done for kids, all we can do is try giving what they need and it is just time, love and respect.
他们为孩子们所做的一切是我们孩子无法去回报的,我们所能做的就是给予他们真正需要的,那就是时间、爱和尊重。
感谢您的阅读,
免责声明:本文仅代表文章作者的个人观点,与本站无关。其原创性、真实性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容文字的真实性、完整性和原创性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并自行核实相关内容。